Contact us today for a FREE evaluation.
Thermal Shield, otherwise known as Radiant Heat Barrier…
Thermal Shield is a reflective barrier, usually installed in the attic of a home. It reflects radiant heat, lowering cooling and heating costs by keeping warm air where it should be, out of your home during the summer and in during the winter.
We install a pure aluminum blanket over your existing insulation in the attic. This barrier reflects up to 98% of the radiant energy striking your home and reduces your utility bill year-round. With a lifetime warranty, it ends up being one of the simplest and least expensive energy improvements you can make to your home.
Get a No Obligation Quote Today
How does Thermal Shield work?
- We install is a two-sided reflective barrier of 99 percent pure aluminum foil, woven and reinforced with polyethylene fabric.
- Regular insulation contains air spaces that retard primary conductive heat flow. Installing Thermal Shield will reflect up to 97 percent of incoming radiation, allowing very little thermal energy to pass down into your home. It works like your thermos bottle, which uses a reflective coating to keep beverages hot or cold all day.
- Improves the performance of mass insulation: Without this barrier, your roof radiates solar-generated heat into the attic insulation, which is quickly absorbed and transferred to the ceiling. This will eventually heat up your ceiling.
Thermal Shield Tests and Studies
Side-by-side test revealed 23-degree drop in attic temperatures; improved A/C efficiency:
The Energy Center of Appalachian State University conducted a study to measure the benefits of adding thermal barrier in home attics, and key findings included:
- A 23-degree drop in the peak attic temperature occurred in a home outfitted with thermal heat barrier versus a similar home without the barrier;
- A 20 percent reduction in the run-time of the air conditioning unit during the seven hours of peak attic temperatures; and
- The Thermal Shield improved the efficiency of cooled air delivered through the air ducts by 57 percent during this period.
What Do Our Clients Say About Us?
“NC Solar Now was nothing short of amazing! They truly partner with their customers to ensure that they understand your goals upfront, communicate openly and excellently throughout the planning process, execute on time, and continue to support you and ensure you are aware of how to take advantage of new tax credits and rebate programs that you are eligible for. I am very happy with my 10KW system and the quality of the install, but above all, the ongoing support and customer service I receive from this company. I am endorsing them because they worked very hard to earn my trust and business and I know they will do the same for others. They have set a gold standard in my book!”
– Blake Shiver
Ready to Get Rid of Your Power Bill?
Contact us for a FREE Solar Savings Analysis! We’ll help you calculate how much your investment in solar will save you over time.
Want to Learn More About Solar?
Interested in a solar panel installation, or maybe you just like to keep up with the latest developments in green technology? Check out our blogs to learn answers to common questions, the latest news in the industry, what our friends are up to and how they use solar power, and how our team is saving the environment one installation at a time.
Why Your Home or Business Needs More Vitamin D
Making the switch to solar is an opportunity for huge savings and a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. At NC Solar Now, we understand that solar has many benefits, and we often take that knowledge for granted. This article discusses some of the benefits of a home’s (or business’s) increase in vitamin D and solar’s significant returns.
How Many Solar Panels Do I Need?
At NC Solar Now, we know that most people want to save money while reducing their environmental impact, but they might not know where to start when it comes to understanding a solar panel system and their needs. This article outlines the truth behind the question: “How many solar panels do I need?”
Finding a Reputable Solar Company
At NC Solar Now, we understand that there are many options available when it comes to solar and picking the right solar company can be overwhelming. So, we took the time to help with the question: “How do I find a reputable solar company?”
Get Started on Your Project Today
NC General Contracting License No. 69583
NC Electrical Contractors License 33569-U
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.