Solar power is booming in North Carolina! The solar industry has seen tremendous growth in our state over the last several years and there are no signs of slowing down on the horizon. The Tar Heel State is proud to be solar friendly and there has never been a better time for North Carolina residents to go solar.
Solar Facts about North Carolina
- There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 223,000 homes.
- In 2015, $1.689 billion was invested on solar installations in the state.
- North Carolina has almost 4,000 MW of utility-scale solar power under development, compared to 3,700 MW in California.
- There were 823 MW of solar energy installed in North Carolina in the fourth quarter of 2015 and the state was ranked second nationally in fourth quarter installations.
- North Carolina is ranked third in the country in installed solar capacity.
If you’re ready to join the solar movement in North Carolina, we’d love to help! Fill out the form to the right to learn more about our current solar installation deal.