Understanding the Solar Panel Process
So you’ve made the decision that you want solar panels in your home. You’re happy with the choice to have a clean renewable energy source. You’re excited about saving money on your utility bill. When it comes to picturing your house with solar, you may have some questions.
- How will my house look with solar panels on the roof?
- Do they have to be on the south side?
- How will they decide where to install them?
- What if our roof isn’t a good place for solar panels?
- How do they tie into the grid?
- Who contacts my electric company?
- Does my electric company have to come out to the home?
So many questions….and we have all the answers. So let us enlighten you on our solar panel process and help you see what your home will look like with solar!
Overview of Solar Panel Process
- Schedule a free contact-free virtual home visit with a highly trained solar energy representative.
- Our technical staff will custom-design a Solar Energy System to fit your needs.
- We file all of the necessary permits.
- We address your HOA (where applicable) and utility company.
- Professional installation is executed with the highest regard for your property and with the utmost efficiency.
- Once your system is installed, our operations and management teamwork ensure you continue to produce clean, renewable energy.
Once you have decided to add solar to your home and/or business, we kick things off with flying cameras. We use our own state-of-the-art drone technology to conduct a thorough home evaluation. This data determines the number of kilowatts needed to power the size of your home and/or business.
Residential solar panels typically require unobstructed access to sunlight for most – if not all – of the day to reach their full conductive potential. Any shade on the solar panel system can limit the amount of light penetrating the solar cells, which could significantly reduce the amount of electricity the system can generate. Remember, we have options for placement other than your roof so do not fret if your home has some shading!
A Solar Energy System can be customized for many different roof types. For customers without a suitable roof area, our systems can be designed for a wide variety of alternative installations, including ground and pole mounts.
HOA and Utilities
If you have an HOA, no worries! Our staff works with your neighborhood association for approval and we pride ourselves on having a 98% success rate. We also handle all permitting, financing, design and communication with your utility company throughout the installation.
Connect You To the Grid
During installation, NC Solar Now will connect your solar panel system in parallel with your home’s electrical system. Your solar system will also be connected to the utility company through your home’s connection to the utility grid. Most North Carolina homes have net metering. That means homeowners can send any excess power back to the grid when their system overproduces in exchange for credit on their next utility bill. Conversely, NC residents can use those credits to draw energy back from the grid in times like fall and winter.
For More Information
At NC SOLAR NOW, we are North Carolina’s Most Trusted solar panel installer and embrace the philosophy that solar is for everyone! We’ll be by your side from your first free virtual consult through our warranty period and beyond. Visit us online at NC SOLAR NOW, send us a message, or call us at 919-833-9096.