Did You Miss It? No Worries!
Didn’t it feel like October flew by this year? It went from October 1st to the beginning of November in a blink of an eye, and we still have so much more to say about Energy Awareness Month. While we love and enjoy every month of the year, our absolute favorite month is “SUNtober” so don’t blame us when we try to keep the momentum going all year long.
Implemented in 1991 by President George Bush, Energy Awareness Month is a time dedicated to raising awareness around topics such as sustainability, renewable energy sources, and our community’s responsibility to work towards energy resilience. While we love the idea of dedicating an entire month to solar, we like to think that our company sheds light on solar energy…24/7…365 days of the year!
Lead By Example
Energy Awareness Month is a time to build “awareness” around what the federal agencies and leaders in the field are doing to combat the current climate crisis. By implementing energy-efficient projects and practices that focus on renewable energy, it is a time to showcase the amazing efforts to strengthen our renewable energy infrastructure. However, time flies by too fast when you are having fun with solar energy, and we want to keep the “SUNtober” trend going!
How Can You Help
While October is a great month to educate the masses about energy sources and discuss conservation practices, using energy wisely makes sense all the time — both from an environmental and economic standpoint. So, what can you do from home each month to help promote awareness? Take a look at some potential ideas!
Complete a home energy audit
- Assess your home’s energy consumption and seek out areas to improve. This can be done by a professional or done by taking a deeper look at your energy consumption on a daily and monthly basis.
Maintenance of Heating and AC Unit
- Make sure to properly maintain your home’s AC and heating system. Have it serviced by a professional to ensure the system works as intended and isn’t wasting energy.
Inspect the Exterior of Your Home
- Take the time to seal and find any gaps around the exterior of your home that would possibly allow air to enter or escape.
Upgrade Your Technology
- Consider installing a smart thermostat to prevent unnecessary energy use.
- Start to look at your habits when it comes to energy consumption. For example: Do you change the thermostat settings when you leave the house for the day? Do you keep the water running when you brush your teeth? What about leaving the lights on when you exit a room?
Think about going “Green”
- There are so many different ways to go “Green” nowadays. From changing your landscaping to installing solar panels. If you want to learn more about going “Green” take a look at some of our other articles.
SUNTober is every Month
In 2010, NC Solar Now embraced the idea that solar is for everyone! And we have been living the dream ever since. Fast forward to today, our goal is to help make the world a better place for future generations. We are committed to creating a cleaner, safer and more sustainable energy environment every day of the year. We provide high quality, affordable renewable energy solutions and solar installations for residents and businesses across North Carolina. As energy rates continue to increase, we are excited to share with you the idea that energy independence is possible and an investment that will pay for itself.
NC Solar Now is North Carolina’s Most Trusted solar panel installer and embraces the philosophy that solar is for everyone! We’ll be by your side from your first free virtual consult through our warranty period and beyond. Visit us online at NC SOLAR NOW or contact us for more information. Check us out on Facebook or Instagram. Want to chat with someone? Give us a call at 919-833-9096.
Want to Read More?
Take a look at some of our other blogs about solar.