How to Take Advantage!
There is exciting news for all homeowners and businesses who are Duke Energy Customers that install solar panels in North Carolina. These Duke Energy customers are eligible for a rebate! This solar rebate program from Duke Energy is highly competitive and has recently been changed to a new lottery system that will go into effect for the July 2021 rebate application.
Enrollment Begins July 7, 2021
The next enrollment period will begin at 9 a.m. Wednesday, July 7, 2021. The application will remain open until 9 a.m. Wednesday, July 14, 2021. Duke Energy received a commission order changing some of the terms of the program. This enrollment period has the following changes:
- Rebate acceptance will move to a random selection process, instead of first-come, first-serve.
- Residential customers, who are accepted into the program, will receive 40 cents per watt, or $4,000 maximum rebate.
- Commercial customers, who are accepted into the program, will receive 30 cents per watt, or $30,000 maximum rebate.
- For the July 2021 enrollment period only, customers who installed their system from October 6, 2020 to January 6, 2021, are also eligible to apply.
- For the July 7 to July 14, 2021 enrollment period, customers who installed their systems on or after April 8, 2021 (90 days prior to July 7, 2021), would be eligible to apply at any time during that week.
For More About Duke Rebate:
- Visit the website
- If you have any questions about the program, please contact us at NCSolarRebate@duke-energy.com.
- The preferred browsers for the NC Solar Rebate application process are Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
For More Information
At NC SOLAR NOW, we are North Carolina’s Most Trusted solar panel installer and embrace the philosophy that solar is for everyone! We’ll be by your side from your first free virtual consultation through our warranty period and beyond. Visit us online at NC SOLAR NOW, send us a message, or call us at 919-833-9096.